Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baby Showers!

We have been very blessed to have been offered a total of 4 showers for our little guy!  You read that right, FOUR!  The first was given by Ben's work (Julep Restaurant), so it was hosted by the Julep Catering crew.  It was on Sunday, March 4.  This was a fun shower, and since Ben was able to be there I wanted to be sure that we invited some other dudes too :).  It ended up being a cool mix of folks and I think that Daddy-to-be had a good time.  At least, I hope he did!  They had the room decorated in blues and yellows, with rubber duckies floating in bowls of water for the centerpieces.


Julep's Catering Room all decked out for Samuel's first shower!
Cute duckies floating in their 'pools'


 The food was amazing, and Ben did a great job of handing me gifts to open (as well as making sure they didn't fall off of my lap in the process). 

Samuel's first MSU apparel!

Daddy and Mommy to be!
We were so blessed by everyone who attended, and we're so glad we got to see everyone! 


That following Tuesday, my Bunko group held a shower for us on our monthly Bunko night.  Beverly hosted March at her house, and she had a big spread of food and yummy cupcakes!  These ladies were so kind and giving that they pooled their resources and got us the bedding for Samuel's room!!!  Beverly also made some 'cupcakes' and 'lollipops' out of onesies, receiving blankets, and washcloths.  Super cute idea and very useful!  I just can't seem to bring myself to take everything apart just yet :).

Precious 'lollipops' and 'cupcakes' along with Samuel's super awesome bedding!

The next shower was the following Saturday, March 10.   My very first best friend, Melissa, offered to give this shower for me as soon as I told her I was pregnant.  I am very honored to call her my friend still after all these years! 

Melessa and Melissa :)

She had some help from several other ladies (Amanda, Audie, Ms. Celeste, Janine, Mrs. Judy, K'Anna, Laura, and Maxie) and they hosted a wonderful shower for me!  I didn't have to move from my chair and they catered to me the whole time.  I truly felt loved by these ladies as they sacrificed their time and energy on mine and Samuel's behalf!

My wonderful hostesses
It was a great shower, and again we were so overwhelmed with the love shown to us by all who attended!  



Opening Samuel's gift from Auntie Em, who couldn't be there bc she had
baby Garrett the day before!! Well, that and they are stationed in Hawaii...
Who doesn't need a giant elephant?  So fun!
Mimi, Mommy, and Nana B

Aunt Emma, Me, and Aunt Nell.  They will be Samuel's Great-Great-Aunts!

When I got home with all of the wonderful gifts, Ben and I went through everything again so that he could see it.  It was really sweet watching him 'open' everything again! 


The fourth and final shower was our church shower.  It was given by Mrs. Patti Hauser, our pastor's wife.  Mrs. Patti is our pastor's wife, but I also am grateful to call her my friend!  She is one of those people who I think God placed in my life with a specific purpose.  I am so grateful that He chose to do so!  She hosted this month's ladies lunch/my shower at her house on Saturday, March 17.  I had no idea what the theme would be, so when I walked in and saw Dr. Seuss everywhere I was so happy!  We love Dr. Seuss at the Redditt house :). The decor was just perfect, and like always, Mrs. Patti thought of every little detail.  She had some help from a couple ladies from the church, and also from Heather Ross, who was my maid of honor back in the day (which was almost 9 years ago..) when Ben and I got married!   Again I was overwhelmed that these sweet ladies would work so hard to make this shower absolutely perfect!  I had the best time, and didn't want it to be over!  Here are a few pictures from the shower.  I took so many pictures of the cute decor that it was hard to narrow them down!


Super wonderful cake, made by one of Heather's friends



LOVE this table setup!  So creative and fun, it just makes me smile!

Cake pops!  Yum :)
The side of the card you can't see says 'Pretty soon you'll be a mother!'


Notice the transformer in the bottom right..  That was a contribution
from Brock, who is Ben's best friend and happens to be Mrs. Patti's son :)

Since our nickname for Samuel is peanut, there were buckets of roasted
peanuts on the patio tables where we ate!  So cute!




Mrs. Patti loves to talk to Samuel :)

Mommy to be and Nana

Now that our showers are over, we have a huge task ahead of getting all of Samuel's new things washed/organized/put away.  We are still getting his room ready, and I feel time is ticking!  Or maybe that is just my nesting instinct kicking in  :).  Whatever it is, I know that we have about 2 months until he should be here, and I can't wait to get his room ready for him!   I am sure there will be a blog post when it is all done. 

Thank you again to everyone who hosted and attended our showers!  We love and appreciate you all and can't wait for Samuel to meet each of you!

- Lessa

No comments:

Post a Comment