Monday, April 30, 2012

Almost time...

It is almost time for baby Samuel's arrival!!  I honestly sit in awe of the journey God has brought us on these past 9+ months.  There have been so many emotions during this pregnancy (and not just because of my pregnancy hormones!).  At first there was reservation, and fear of the pregnancy not sticking.  Then joy and some relief when we reached the second trimester.  We felt excitement and surprise at finding out that our little peanut is a boy, and even more excitement when we shared that news with our families.  I felt uncertainty when we received that first bill for the OBGYN's services, and here we are almost at the end and I feel so much peace about it.  God provided every penny we needed to pay the Doctor!  When I say He is good, I mean it with all of my heart!   I truly feel like God has grown my faith in leaps and bounds since last September.  I also believe that He would not have been able to do so if He had not first allowed us to be on the other side, in a place of uncertainty.  I had always been told of God's grace, mercy, and goodness, but now I can truly say I have felt it and seen it at work in my life!  We prayed for a child, and in His time, He provided one.  When that first bill came, we prayed for provision, and He has provided monetarily.   Now as we are nearing the end, I can't help but wonder how my labor will go and when Samuel will make his sweet little arrival.  One thing is for certain, I don't doubt God will be right there, providing His protection over us.   I have no doubt that this time in our lives is a precious one.  I hope to be able to share the hope and peace that I now have with someone else who may be in their own place of uncertainty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment