Thursday, June 21, 2012

Samuel - 1 Month

It is really hard to believe it has already been one month since you arrived!  Those first few nights were not the most fun we've ever had ;) but we made it through.  We had some issues with your growth at first.  Mommy wanted to breastfeed you exclusively, but when you hadn't regained your birth weight by 4-1/2 weeks we decided to supplement you with formula.  Once we did that, you started growing like a weed, and fluffing up very nicely!  You are starting to look in the direction of anyone who talks to you, and I have gotten you to smile after I tickle you (only once, but still it is a start!).  You've got your Daddy wrapped around your finger, and it warms my heart to see him with you.  You love baths in your little bathtub.  I've noticed that you are losing your hair on the top and front, so that it looks like you have old man hair!  When you sneeze it is the most precious thing ever, beginning with a sneeze and ending with a little sigh as if to say 'ah, that feels much better'.  I wish I could record it so whenever I am having a bad day I could listen to that sweet sound over and over again!

1 MONTH! (this was seriously the 15th picture I took
of you, trying to get one where you weren't being silly)
Thanks to Auntie Em showing us the rocker bassinet she got for Garrett, you have a favorite place to hang out now.  It's been a wonderful thing, and I'm thankful to Nana for getting one for us!

Smiling in his rock and play!
You pretty much eat, sleep, and dirty your diaper at this point, but when you are awake you are bright eyed and looking around at the big world.  I hope you continue to be such an easy baby :).  We are really excited to see how you continue to grow and change!

No comments:

Post a Comment